We had a great rainy March. Now everything is green and fresh and blooming. I enjoy wearing my favorite perfumes and try to do it almost every day. I decided for myself that it didn’t make any sense to keep testing new perfumes in the search for a new love if I do not use those that I love already.
I tried to be good with my New Year resolutions but I think I’m failing: I bought two bottles of perfume. And though one of them (Samsara EdT by Guerlain) was during the The smell good do good charity sale at Scents of Self and the second one probably doesn’t count since I’ve already split it (I still have 5 ml of Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer Perfumes to share at cost – send me an e-mail if you’re interested), I still feel I’ll have to increase my yearly FB quota.
Also, I realized that even though I wear perfume every day I do not get too many acknowledgements. I do not know if I’m constantly under-applying and nobody can smell it or if I choose perfumes that people do not like and they are being polite by keeping it to themselves but results are the same (or at least it feels like that). Starting this month I record when I get a reaction to the perfume I’m wearing (both positive and negative – see the chart below).
Wnen was the last time anybody complimented you on the perfume you were wearing? Do you remember the last complaint?
Quick March stats:
Numbers in parenthesis are comparison to the previous month’s numbers.
* Different perfumes worn: 27 (+8) from 16 (+4) brands on 29 (+7) occasions;
* Favorite perfumes worn: 21 (+7) on 23 (+6) occasions;
* Different perfumes tested: 48 (+6) from 33 (+8) brands on 58 (+14) occasions;
* Perfumes I tried for the first time: 25 (+1);
* Perfume house I wore most often: Chanel;
* Perfume house I tested the most: Guerlain (second month in a row – and this is after not owning/not testing a single perfume from this brand);
* Most popular notes (only from perfumes I chose to wear): top – (not counting bergamot) mandarin, lemon and pepper; middle – (not counting rose and jasmine) ylang ylang, iris root and lily of the valley; base – vanilla, musk and sandalwood;
Image: my own