No summer in our area this year (two hot days in July and two in August) – check.
Wore favorite perfumes three, sometimes four times a week (better than my New Year resolution of two times per week) – check.
Did more testing and less writing – check.
Quick August stats:
* Favorite perfumes worn: 16 on 19 occasions (-6);
* Perfumes I tried for the first time: 51 (+15);
* Perfume house I wore most often: Chanel – I seem to be drawn to the brand this summer;
* Most popular notes (only from perfumes I chose to wear, not those that I tested for the first time): top – (not counting bergamot) carnation and pepper; middle – (since rose and jasmine keep that position unchallenged I’ll start including the next notes in the list) iris and ylang ylang; base – musk, sandalwood and vanilla;
* Total number of different notes in all perfumes I wore/tested this month: 268 (+50).
Out of all perfumes I’ve tested for the first time during August one was added to my collection, one went to the “to buy” list, thirty eight I will test more and eleven were sent to the purgatory box.
My August posting I wish more people would read – Know-how: Storing Your Perfume Samples.
What is yours? (post a link in your comment)
Image: my own