After my last year’s success with New Year resolutions it was a challenge to come up with something I have at least a hope to see through the year (that’s why my general resolutions aren’t on the list below). So, here we go:
- I have some perfume bottles from my pre-perfumista’s times. I loved them and wore those perfumes, the bottles are less than ¼ full but I noticed they do not get any more use. So I declare that all perfumes that do not get at least one “full-fledged” wearing in 12 months go to purgatory box for another 12 months during which I’ll decide their fate.
- During the last year I almost doubled my full bottle collection (absolute numbers are to remain private). I think that I still have some room in my collection (and maybe in my drawers – if I re-arrange some bottles) but I should limit the growth by not more than 6 (six) full bottles for 2012. I haven’t decided yet if this number should include gifts (I have a feeling it should but I might change my mind). With the same decree I’m limiting myself to buying no more than 100 ml of perfumes in decants.
- I have a lot of samples that I haven’t tested yet at all or tested only once. If there still might be some sense in having a bottle/decant of a favorite perfume that just waits for the right moment or have some sentimental value, I cannot find any good reason for hoarding untested samples. So I will not buy new samples until I have less than 30 untested samples in my “to test” bin. There will be several exceptions to this rule:
– I plan to buy Mary Greenwell Plum sample as soon as it becomes available at luckyscent because I wanted to test it for many-many months and it wasn’t available;
– If there is a new release from Amouage, Ormonde Jayne, Puredistance, Sonoma Scent Studio or Tauer Perfumes (but not in the Pentachords line) that sounds interesting to me, I might make an exception;
– I might buy some samples for a specific project or series if I cannot obtain it otherwise;
– Swaps, draw winnings, free samples from stores and care packages are still accepted (but counted towards the above-mentioned limit).
- I plan to improve my perfumes database by adding a new option of classifying my perfumes (there will be a post about it at some point because I need some opinions/advice on that topic).
- I will introduce my own rating system and add more information about my perfume preferences on my blog: since I like other people’s rating systems and I’m always curious to know which perfumes my blogo-friends love, like or hate, I thought others might find that information useful as well.
- I will attempt to find at least one Guerlain perfume to love. I have to admit that I do not own a single full bottle (or even a decant) of a perfume by Guerlain and I cannot name a single perfume from this brand that I really like and want to own. I’m not sure if I should hand back my perfumista card already or if there is some grace period.
How hard will it be to follow all these resolutions? I don’t know. Stick with me and we’ll see.
Did you have your NY Resolutions post I didn’t list below? Please share in the comment.
Image: my own
Since I’m so late with my New Year resolutions I’m positive you’ve read already all these inspiring posts but just to satisfy my partiality for collecting and sharing: